Job Title: Casual Housekeeper
Department: Environmental Services
Facility: Mountain Lea Lodge (MMCG)
Location: 170 Church Street, Bridgetown
Closing Date: Open until filled
Under the direction of the Manager of Support Service, performs cleaning and housekeeping duties as assigned and maintains a clean, safe environment, following Infection Control Standards. Represents MMCG Resident Centered Care Philosophy.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties:
· Daily general cleaning of all corridors, main entrances, recreation “resident” lounge, and dining rooms.
· Spot cleaning of all wall surfaces, doors, and windows/ sills.
· Clean all washrooms; as per facility procedures.
· Clean tub and shower rooms daily; as per facility procedures.
· Clean offices; garbage’s, dusting, floors, clean and disinfect high touch areas.
· Clean staff room, board room, kitchen storage rooms, nursing store rooms, clean and dirty utility rooms weekly or as required.
· Clean and then disinfect all high touch areas throughout building.
· Disinfecting equipment and surfaces after exposure to bodily fluids.
· Carbolize beds and rooms after resident moves, every 4 months or as needed.
· Assist in laundry; folding, delivering carts, covering laundry worker’s breaks, label resident clothing and personal items, run washer and dryer. (Housekeeper/Extra Laundry Support)
· Floors; auto scrubber, polish, dry mop, spot mop.
· Store equipment safely, and report any maintenance issues to manager and in maintenance book.
· Maintain a safe environment at all times for residents, staff, and guests, using appropriate signage (Wet Floor).
· Ensures chemicals are filled, distributed to neighborhoods, and communicate needs to manager. Use of appropriate chemicals for application.
· Labels for chemicals are correct and MSDS sheets are reviewed annually.
· Maintain WHIMS certification annually.
· Keep janitor closets clean and organized.
· With appropriate training, assist, support, and guide residents in all activities of daily living including, but not limited to: recreational and leisure activities; provide meal and snacks as required; and maintaining the general upkeep of the home.
· Maintain a safe and supportive environment for all.
· Document and/or communicate changes in resident mood, behaviour, or condition to all appropriate staff.
Special knowledge and skills:
· Able to read and comprehend labels and instructions, e.g. Proper mixing and use of chemicals
· Ability to use special cleaning equipment including institutional floor scrubber, polisher, washer and dryer.
· Knowledge of requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
· Knowledge of WHIMS required.
Must be physically capable of completing all cleaning and related tasks, including use of
equipment such as floor scrubber, and polisher. Lifting, reaching, and carrying are involved.
We provide a home like environment for the residents who live here, plants and animals contribute to this environment. MMCG provides care for residents 365 days a year, working holidays, weekends, and evening shifts are a requirement. Residents may exhibit behaviors, when upset, due to medical conditions.
Staff persons are expected to display good judgement in working with residents, staff and volunteers and to present an attitude of respect and cooperation. Empathy and understanding are to be shown toward residents at all times.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity
Please supply a resume to: Tammy Oliver/ Manager of Support Services (email@example.com).
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.