Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Check) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
· Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Housekeeper preforms cleaning and housekeeping duties as assigned and maintains a clean, safe environment following Infection Control Standards while representing M&MCG Resident Centered Care Philosophy.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties:
· Follow best practices to clean:
o Corridors, main entrances, resident lounge, and dining rooms daily
o Wall surfaces, doors, windows and sills
o Washrooms / tub rooms / shower rooms as per facility procedures
o Offices, staff room, board room, kitchen storage rooms, nursing store rooms, clean and dirty utility rooms weekly (or as needed)
o Floors via auto scrubber, polisher, dry mop and spot mop
· Clean and disinfect all high touch areas throughout building
· Disinfect equipment and surfaces after exposure to bodily fluids
· Disinfect beds and rooms after resident moves and every four months (or as needed)
· Assist in laundry by folding, delivering carts, covering breaks, label resident clothing, run washer and dryer
· Ensure equipment is stored safely - report any maintenance issues to manager/maintenance dept.
· Maintain a safe environment at all times for residents, staff, and guests by using appropriate signage
· Stock supplies on each neighbourhood; communicate supply needs to Support Services Manager
· Follow WHMIS guidelines for safe handling/use of chemicals
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of housekeeping storage areas
· With appropriate training: assist, support, and guide residents in all activities of daily living
· Maintain safe work practices and follow Occupational Health and Safety guidelines
· Work as part of a team to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of housekeeping services
· WHMIS required (or willingness to obtain)
· Demonstrated teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
· Must be able to complete physical demands of the position
· Experience working with the elderly an asset
Experience using industrial cleaning equipment an asset
Hours of work: 8 hour shifts (8:00am – 4:00pm) must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Open to internal and external applicants. Submit resume via email to: Tammy Oliver, Support Services Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity