Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Check) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
· Under the direction of the Manager of Support Service, performs cleaning and housekeeping duties as assigned and maintains a clean, safe environment, following Infection Control Standards. Represents MMCG Resident Centered Care Philosophy.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties:
· Follow best practices to clean:
· Corridors, main entrances, resident lounge, and dining rooms daily
· Wall surfaces, doors, windows and sills
· Washrooms / tub rooms / shower rooms as per facility procedures
· Offices, staff room, board room, kitchen storage rooms, nursing store rooms, clean and dirty utility rooms weekly (or as needed)
· Clean floors via auto scrubber, polisher, dry mop and spot mop
· Clean and disinfect all high touch areas throughout building
· Disinfect equipment and surfaces after exposure to bodily fluids
· Disinfect beds and rooms after resident moves and every four months (or as needed)
· Assist in laundry by folding, delivering carts, covering breaks, label resident clothing, run washer and dryer
· Ensure equipment is stored safely - report any maintenance issues to management and the maintenance department
· Maintain a safe environment at all times for residents, staff, and guests by using appropriate signage
· Stock supplies on each neighbourhood; communicate supply needs to Support Services Manager
· Follow WHMIS guidelines for safe handling and use of chemicals
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of housekeeping storage areas
· With appropriate training: assist, support, and guide residents in all activities of daily living
· Maintain safe work practices and follow Occupational Health and Safety guidelines
· Work as part of a team to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of housekeeping services
· WHMIS required (or willingness to obtain)
· Demonstrated teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
· Must be able to complete physical demands of the position
· Experience working with the elderly an asset
· Experience using industrial cleaning equipment an asset
Hours of work:
· 8 hour shifts (8:00am – 4:00pm) must be able to work weekends and holidays
We provide a home-like environment for residents, which includes plants and animals. MMCG provides care for residents 365 days a year, including holidays, evenings and weekends.
Staff persons are expected to display good judgement in working with residents, staff and volunteers and to present an attitude of respect and cooperation. Empathy and understanding are to be shown toward residents at all times.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be co