Successful completion of Human Services (Residential/Community and Disabilities Support) Diploma or University training in Psychology and attainment of current Provincial training qualifications and standards for Rehabilitative Care Worker position
At least one year of work experience in community-based services to adults with intellectual challenges or long-term mental health challenges, preferred
Current certification in CPR and Standard First Aid
Training in Crisis Prevention/ Intervention /Mandt training
Must provide current, satisfactory Vulnerable Sector records Check
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Ability to implement and monitor participant-based support plans
· Ability to perform, or support participants in, nutritional menu planning and meal preparation
· Flexibility in adapting to changing needs and goals of participants.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a responsible manner, exercising mature judgment
Must possess valid Nova Scotia driver's license, insurance as per policy of the organization, and be willing to transport participants using own vehicle. Willing to provide a driver’s abstract upon hire.
Community Support Services supports participants who reside in multiple areas in Annapolis County, from Bear River to Greenwood, who are in their own apartments. The participants we support have different intellectual disabilities and / or long-term mental health challenges.