Mountain Lea Lodge, Long Term Care Home
170 Church Street, Bridgetown, Nova Scotia B0S 1C0
(902) 665-4489 ext. 871
Hiring full time, Part Time, and Casual CCA's
Sign On Bonus Available!
“Your Home – Our Passion” is our guiding principle in providing the best quality of life for our residents in a home environment. Our Accreditation Status represents our dedication to ongoing quality improvements and standards of excellence. We are committed to creating a caring community that treats our residents with respect and dignity at all times. We are made up of many talented and caring individuals who are committed to excellence. Our people are the heart of our community and our organization. Together we have established an environment that is a great place to work, develop and grow. We look forward to adding you to our team.
Daily tasks assigned by the Charge Nurse (supervisor)
· Assist residents with hygiene and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
· Assist in admission and in-house transfers as directed by the charge nurse.
· Answers resident call bells.
· Keeps resident rooms tidy and organized.
· Clean and make beds, strip beds and room of discharged residents
· Measure and record intake and outputs
· Share in observing changes in resident’s condition and report observations to immediate supervisor.
· Provide physical assistance to residents in moving and getting positioned in bed, getting in and out of bed, walking and simple ROM exercises
· Collect samples as required (urine, stool, etc.)
· Perform routine charting as directed
· Assist in preparation of deceased patient
· Takes temperatures (oral, temporal, axilla or rectal) pulse and blood pressure PRN
· Be prepared to complete Alzheimer and Related Dementia Care Course
· Develop and maintain good public relations with residents, staff and visitors
· Be familiar with fire, personnel, EMO policies etc. within the home
· With appropriate training, assist, support, and guide residents in all activities of daily living including, but not limited to: recreational and leisure activities; provide meal and snacks as required; and maintaining the general upkeep of the home.
· Maintain a safe and supportive environment for all.
· Document and/or communicate changes in resident mood, behavior, or condition to all appropriate staff.
Benefits provided by Health Association Nova Scotia
Continuing Care Assistant Certificate
Salary: $17.75-$19.17 per hour
Contact our Nursing Advisor, Linda Bailey, RN
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.