Job Competition #: 2021-MLL-01-ES
Job Title: Temporary Term Housekeeping/ Laundry Support
Opening date: February 12, 2021
Department: Environmental Services
Facility: Mountain Lea Lodge
Closing Date: February 22, 2021
Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Check) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
· Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Housekeeping/ laundry support worker preforms cleaning and housekeeping duties as assigned and maintains a clean, safe environment following Infection Control Standards while representing M&MCG Resident Centered Care Philosophy.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties:
· Follow best practices to clean:
o Corridors, main entrances, resident lounge, and dining rooms daily
o Wall surfaces, doors, windows and sills
o Washrooms as per facility procedures
o Floors via auto scrubber, polisher, dry mop and spot mop
· Clean and disinfect all high touch areas throughout building
· Disinfect equipment and surfaces after exposure to bodily fluids
· Assist in laundry by folding, delivering carts, covering breaks, label resident clothing, run washer and dryer
· Ensure equipment is stored safely - report any maintenance issues to manager/maintenance dept.
· Maintain a safe environment at all times for residents, staff, and guests by using appropriate signage
· Stock supplies on each neighbourhood; communicate supply needs to Support Services Manager
· Follow WHMIS guidelines for safe handling/use of chemicals
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of housekeeping storage areas
· With appropriate training: assist, support, and guide residents in all activities of daily living
· Maintain safe work practices and follow Occupational Health and Safety guidelines
· Work as part of a team to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of housekeeping services
· WHMIS required (or willingness to obtain)
· Demonstrated teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
· Must be able to complete physical demands of the position
· Experience working with the elderly an asset
· Experience using industrial cleaning equipment an asset
Hours of work:5.5hour shifts (2:30pm-8:00pm) must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Open to internal and external applicants. Submit resume via email to: Tammy Oliver, Support Services Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.