The LTCA is responsible for providing assistance with daily routines to residents/clients along with activities of daily living. within the scope of employment/job description for the LTCA, under the supervision of the charge nurses. This role does not include the provision of personal care to the residents.
-Assist in admission and in-house transfers as directed
-Perform light housekeeping duties such as tidying residents' rooms and organizing closets, making beds, cleaning wash basins, dental care cups and caddys
-Clean and make beds
-Answer call bells land redirect when appropriate
-Provide comfort, sitting with residents and having purposeful conversations
-Assist with dining experience, including set up and clean tables, pour beverages, delivery/retrieve hydration mugs and meals
- Feed residents after completion of the Feeding with Sensitivity Course
-develop and maintain good public relations with resident, coworkers, and visitors
-Empty bedpans, urinals and commodes
- Assist in the set up and clean up of the activity room
· Grade 12 education or non-academic equivalent (to be determined by the employer).
· Has the ability to maintain regular attendance.
· Good oral and written communication.
· The ability to work shifts: days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must have sound interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
· Compassion, integrity, maturity, respect, and a positive attitude are essential attributes.
· Previous experience in senior care, group home, caring for a family member/friend will be considered an asset.
· Must be willing to gain training to the role as per the facility’s policies and guidelines and as reflected in the job duties, including but not limited to Feeding with Sensitivity, WHMIS, Safe Food Handling, PACE, Hand Hygiene and other course as deemed necessary
Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to human resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment and Proof of Vaccination for COVID is required.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a NSGEU position.
Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.