Responsible for all aspects of payroll and benefits, this position plays an integral part to the Business Office department. Strong personable skills along with attention to detail are required. Duties will be performed in accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values, Standards, Policies and Procedures of Mountains and Meadows Care Group. MMCG is committed to resident safety, continued quality improvement, and advancing the delivery of safe and trusted health services.
· Help process bi-weekly payroll and associated tasks for 300 employees and management staff
· Complete Remittances and required reports for: WCB / Income Tax / CPP / EI / Union Dues / Medical Benefits / LTD / Pension
· Help manage Time Banks with Staff Schedule Care Software
· Liase with Staff Schedule Care consultant, support users and troubleshoot as required.
· Complete needed reports for the management team
· Periodically perform audits on banked time
· Other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager or Senior Director of Finance and Operations
· Minimum of 5yrs payroll and benefits experience in an office setting
· Basic understanding of accounting principles
· Working knowledge of excel
· Good communication skills
· Use of accounting software
· Must be pleasant and courteous at all times
· Organizational skills and flexibility are essential
· Ability to prioritize work
The following will be considered assets:
· Possessing any Canadian Payroll Association’s Certifications
· Previous experience with Long Term Care / Health Care administration
· Experience with Staff Schedule Care and Payment Evolution
Financial compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. MMCG offers an excellent benefits package. This is a non-union position.
Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including vulnerable sector check) to Human Resources within 4 weeks of employment and assume associated costs.