Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Check) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
· Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Food Service Worker is responsible for the preparation, delivery and clean-up of meals, snacks and beverages.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties:
· Assist residents by cutting up foods, buttering bread as required
· Serve residents their dished-up/ prepared meals, assist with feeding
· Set, clear and sanitize tables and work areas
· Wash, rinse, and sanitize dishware, pots, and pans
· Replenish stock in kitchenettes on each Neighbourhood
· Record temperatures of dishwasher and kitchenette fridges
· Follow Safe Food Handling practices
· Report any safety hazards and follow Safe Work Procedures
· Assist with cleaning throughout the Dining Services department
· Work as part of a team to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of meal services
· Wipe high touch areas
· Assist with the folding of resident personals and linens in the Laundry department
· Communicate issues, resident concerns, and compliments to Support Services Manager
· Additional duties as required
· Food Handlers Course an asset
· WHMIS required (or willingness to obtain)
· Demonstrated teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Must be able to complete physical demands of the position
· Experience working with the elderly an asset
Hours of work:8hour shifts (10:30am-6:30pm) must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Open to internal and external applicants. Please submit cover letter and resume via email to:
Tammy Oliver, Support Services Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Open to internal applicants only at this time.