Mountain Lea Lodge, Long Term Care Home
170, Church St. Bridgetown, NS B0S 1C0
Licenced Practical Nurse
Continuous opportunity for shift premiums, overtime, and advancements
We welcome LPN’s at all experience levels to apply
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE: $5000.00, $2500 upon signing 2 year Return of Service, $2500 after first 2080 hours of service.
Come work with a dynamic team that is resident focused and innovative.
“Your Home – Our Passion” is our guiding principle to providing the best quality of life for our residents in a home environment. We are committed to creating a caring community that treats our residents with the respect and dignity at all times
· Attend and participate in nursing conferences at beginning and end of your shift, to exchange information on residents in your care.
· Receive direction from Director or Assistant Director of Resident Care and Nurse in Charge
· Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care/plans for residents.
· Perform resident care procedures in accordance with the LPN scope of practice
· Monitor vital signs and intake and output.
· Medication administration
· Documentation of all aspects of care and completion of reports as required by the facility (i.e. daily communication report, incident reports etc.)
· Maintain an accurate record of the bowel needs of the residents.
· Share in observing changes in residents’ condition and collaborate with the RN as required
· Provide physical assistance to residents in moving and getting positioned in bed, getting in and out of bed, walking, simple exercising, and dressing/ undressing, washing and hygiene care if needed
· Transport resident to various areas of the home if needed
· Collect urine, stool and sputum specimens
· Carry, serve and remove resident’s food trays, assist residents with eating
· May assist with bed making and linen changing
· Assist in preparation of deceased for removal from unit
· Perform admission procedures for resident admitted to home in transfers or visits of residents to special treatments or diagnostic areas
· Develop and maintain good public relations with residents and staff and visitors
· Answer phone and resident’s signal system, receiving and relaying information. Be familiar with fire, personnel and EMO policies of the home.
· Orientation of new employees
· Attend in- service, workshops and required education if available with permission of Director of Resident Care
· The LPN role include being in charge of Mountain Lea Lodge with an RN on call
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Graduate from approved School of Practical Nurses.
Eligible for registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia.
Contact Nurse Advisor, Linda Bailey, RN
(902) 665-4489 ext. 871
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.