· Reporting to the Manager of Support Services, the Food Service Worker is responsible for the preparation, delivery and clean-up of meals, snacks and beverages.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties:
· Serve prepared meals with attention too choice and textures
· Portion food items
· Set, clear and sanitize tables and work areas
· Wash, rinse, and sanitize dishware, pots, and pans
· Sweep and mop kitchen floor
· Replenish stock in kitchenettes on each neighbourhood / unit
· Assist residents with mealtime set-up (i.e. cut up foods, open packages, etc. as required)
· Assist cooks with sandwich and vegetable preparation
· Record temperatures of dishwasher and kitchenette fridges
· Follow Safe Food Handling practices
· Report any safety hazards and follow Safe Work Procedures
· Assist with cleaning throughout the department
· Work as part of a team to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of meal services
· Communicate issues, resident concerns and compliments to the Manager of Support Services
· With appropriate training: assist, support, and guide residents in all activities of daily living including, but not limited to recreational and leisure activities; meal and snack provision; and maintaining the general upkeep of the home
· Maintain a safe and supportive environment for all
· Document and/or communicate changes in resident mood, behavior, or condition to all appropriate staff
· Additional duties as required
· Valid Food Handlers Course required (or willingness to obtain within 6 mths of hire)
· WHMIS required annually
· Demonstrated teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Must be able to complete physical demands of the position
· Experience working with the elderly an asset
Hours of work: 3.5 to 8 hour shifts as required. Days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and call-ins.
We provide a home-like environment for residents, which includes plants and animals. MMCG provides care for residents 365 days a year, including holidays, evenings and weekends.
Staff persons are expected to display good judgement in working with residents, staff and volunteers and to present an attitude of respect and cooperation. Empathy and understanding are to be shown toward residents at all times.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Check) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.